Senior Software Engineer (Problem Management)
Primary responsibilities in this role:
- Help lead a team to resolve problems in production systems using strong problem-solving and analytical skills in accordance with the Company's Service Management principles and processes.
- Work with the relevant IT (development, operations, infrastructure, information security) and business user teams to manage production problems by conducting relevant tracking, agreeing on corrective action and providing relevant reporting to ensure that fixes are delivered in accordance with SLAs and KPIs.
- Manage vendor support as required where vendor products are involved in production problems
- Provide timely application log analysis and results to facilitate production problem trouble-shooting and root cause analysis
- Support initiatives to enhance software and documentation quality as well as process improvement
- Support the Company’s nascent DevOps processes to reduce production incidents and problems
- Produce KM articles regularly on KM database
You You should have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related studies at least 4 years in a technical support role with past application development experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in analysis, research, investigation and evaluation, with a structured approach to provide application incident and problem management support.
- Hands-on experience writing scripts for data/log diagnostics and report generation; using analytics tools such as Splunk and Log Parser. ElasticSearch (ELK Stack) is a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of Web based architecture (Certificates, IIS, Web Services), MS Windows OS, MS SQL Server, Load balancing, DNS.
- Familiarity with Window batch scripting, Control-M, debugging tools on Window platform including Network Monitor, WinDbg is a plus.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management principles and processes is a plus.
- Must be a self-motivator and be able to work with minimal direction.
- Capable of multitasking, problem solving, logical reasoning, and communication (Cantonese, Putonghua and English; both written. and oral appropriately scaled for technical or business audiences).
- Ability to research and collect information from a wide variety of resources
- A highly passionate, optimistic, and confident individual who can work with equal dedication for tasks that come along
Please send in your CV WORD format if you are interested.