A fast-growing US-based FinTech and online trading company is looking for a (Senior) PR and Communications Manager to develop and execute the company’s PRC wide communications strategy.
Reporting into the VP of Marketing APAC, you will be partnering closely with multiple cross functional teams. You will be expected to take lead in ensuring that the company is able to garner quality coverage through multiple media channels and achieve its intended corporate positioning and marketing objectives.
As one of the lead member in the marketing team, you will be the key person in charge to initiate ideas to maximize opportunities to promote corporate branding and build positive reputation of the business in the market through various means, including but not limited to managing press and media relationship, internal communications, and the use of today’s increasingly important social media.
You will also be expected to design, implement and execute on brand and/or promotional events and CSR strategic projects for the PRC region. The position is based in the Hong Kong office with the need to frequent travel to China.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Devise and implement PR & communications strategy for the PRC market
- Be responsible for effective planning and execution of all communications activities (PR and press, events, digital PR and social networks) to achieve organisational goals
- Develop and manage marketing and sales collaterals, trade events/conferences, website and intranet
- Manage PR and IWOM communication activities to build brand trust and ensure the global brand message is thoroughly implemented in the region
- Manage and work closely with PR agencies in the region
- Develop strategies to facilitate communication between the region and headquarters, as well as coordinate with global PR team to develop a unified and coherent message to key China stakeholders
- Build on strong media relationship to increase brand awareness
- Work with internal and external legal, government affairs and public affairs advisors to manage key public issues for the company in the region with particular focus on Greater China
- Monitor, analyse, and evaluate media response that may have an impact on the company and the financial/regulatory environment
- Develop and maintain relations with opinion leaders and people of influence in the media and CSR arena
- Manage IWOM reputation on social media and develop strategy to positively build brand reputation across all digital IWOM platform
- Build PR capability and intelligence in PRC, including but not limited to develop and maintain relations with key financial press in the region
- Advise on crisis management and critical media issues in a proactive and timely manner, including proposing and drafting of crisis communication plan when needed
- Devise and plan for PR communication budgets
- Be responsible for the drafting and development of corporate press releases, media statements, Q&A, executive speeches, etc.
- University graduate in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing preferred
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience in public relations, media communication and event management, experience from service industry strongly preferred, while candidates with only agency experience will also be considered
- Solid corporate communication experience gained from sizable / listed organisations
- Understanding the digital PR and social IWOM strategies in PRC and Asia Pacific and have excellent media skills to build and maintain relationship in the region
- Proven PR, diplomacy, and advocacy skills to effectively handle senior relationships within the company and with media professionals
- Track record in CSR brand building with preferably Crisis management exposure
- Knowledgeable in managing relationship with third party PR / social media agencies
- Proactive, good in details and with good problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and possess strong communication skills, excellent command of spoken and written skills in both English and Chinese language; fluent mandarin is a must
Attractive remuneration package and career advancements opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Interested parties or referrals please send your CV to email@example.com.
Your interests will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.