over 2 years ago
A well-established cookware company is looking for a Regional Director of Product Development to manage efficiently the sourcing activities of finished goods in Chinese and Asian factories, contributing the business growth with new product offers.
What you are doing:
· Enhance the local team competency on product and project management in Asia
· Lead and manage cross functional team involving Marketing, Content factory, Purchasing, Technical and Industrial process, Quality and Supply Chain, to drive projects and achieve all deliverables and integral performance
· Assess supplier’s business direction, technical know-how and exchange internally for product development strategy
· Evaluate supplier’s capability and capacity in the product development field and allocate appropriate resources accordingly to ensure timely project launch
· Support product pre-assessment and validation for new business opportunity as well as to integrate quality policy in earlier phase of product development process
· Take the group supply chain strategy into account for product development
· Act as a main contact for suppliers to deal with all development issues and questions
· Take the leading role on delegated projects from project creation to end of product life
· Keep responsibilities on all project issues of cost, quality, delivery and supplier management with the support from other functional teams
· Manage all packaging artwork, after sales files and technical sheets with the support from local teams
· Define the organization of development team and set up departmental KPIs
· Define improvement area and increase local expertise on products and technical knowhow to support the development
Main Skills Required:
· Degree holder in Engineering or related disciplines
· With at least 15 years of experience in MNCs in key positions in Product Development / Project Management / Sourcing including a senior position with leadership responsibility
· Professional experiences in one of the following fields: product development, project management, R&D, etc.
· Knowledge of kitchenware products, market and suppliers
· Extensive process know-how for product development, sourcing and project management
· Strong experience in Chinese culture and people
· Good level of communication, negotiation and team management
· Fluent English and Cantonese, Mandarin is a plus
Attractive remuneration package and career advancements opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Interested parties or referrals please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your interests will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.