A well-established consumer electronics company is looking for an IT Manager to lead and coordinate all IT related activities, operations and local infrastructures for the assigned Asian Pacific regions.
Based in Hong Kong, reporting to the VP of Corporate Finance and Management, you will manage and enable the effective control of technical services and optimum availability of existing IT systems, provides services to assist users and guarantee the reliability of infrastructures according to measurable service commitments shared with business units and information system clients.
The Principal Aims and Your Main Responsibilities:
Alongside the global operations entity and your IT team (four staff):
- Provide support and training services to users
- Oversee local contracts for the IT department: complying with service commitments (SLA) associated with business unit processes, the availability of infrastructures and user satisfaction.
- Ensure IT production and local maintenance:
- Supervise all of production (steering, systems engineering and operational engineering) and the maintenance of hardware, operating software, basic software and optimise IT resources
- Guarantee the process for putting evolutions or new solutions into production
- Oversee crisis situations to guarantee the re-establishment of normal service as rapidly as possible
- Guarantee quality and security:
- Check the reliability of systems, the security of data and define emergency plans
- Apply emergency and backup plans, coordinate computer processing under the best conditions in terms of quality, capacity, availability, deadlines and cost
- Carry out communications for your scope of work: organise information in the event of disruptions by broadcasting the information required to the departments and business units concerned
- Supply resources management: be good at making proposals, from a technical, economic and budgetary point of view, to ensure the maintenance of production methods at a suitable technical level and anticipate technological evolutions and their impact on the scaling of the production environment.
- Roll out projects and any solutions (software, process etc.) that apply to your scope of work by taking actions that lead to the success of the project
Main Skills Required:
- University graduate / higher education course (Engineering, Masters) in IT or a more general course (Industry, Commerce, Management etc.) with a specialisation in IT
- Expertise in production methods and standards (ITIL) and the good practices associated with this (understanding of change management processes, incident management, management of “production releases”)
- A good understanding of the IT systems in the company and its role
- Expertise in the architecture of the IT production system and its operation.
- Expertise in the various types of operating system (large and medium-sized systems, microcomputers)
- A good understanding of processes for saving data and, more widely, security considerations
- Expertise in using office and collaboration software (Office 365 and others)
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Sense of service towards customers/users (passion for customer interests)
- Ability to measure your activity and make progress in this respect using simple and measurable indicators (KPI, OPS programme etc.)
- Good ability to work and withstand pressure in the event of a crisis (technical incidents)
- Ability to organise, discipline and method for the optimum organisation of computer processing
- Ability to optimise the management of budgets and schedules
- Responsiveness and availability to ensure optimum service to users (the manager is often, like employees, subjected to an on-call system)
- Good listener and communicator
- Leadership qualities to motivate teams, train them in processes and oversee projects
Attractive remuneration package and career advancements opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Interested parties or referrals please send your CV to email@example.com.
Your interests will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.