about 1 year ago
Our client is a leader in the industry providing Cloud Platform Services offers a highly scalable, low-cost infrastructure platformin the cloud that power hundreds of thousands of enterprises, government and startups business and porganizations in over 190 countries aound the world.
Director, Public Policy (Hong Kong) will run public policy (government relations) activities for part of the Hong Kong business and report to the Director, Hong Kong/Taiwan Public Policy, located in Taipei.
· Identifying, developing, and prioritizing, with the Hong Kong business and the Director, Hong Kong/Taiwan Public Policy, the public policy goals and issue positions for Hong Kong;
· Helping develop the strategy and tactics for accomplishing the public policy goals;
· Representing public policy positions before government agencies,
· Hiring and managing external consultants as needed.
· Excellent public policy and political judgment;
· Excellent written and verbal communication in Mandarin, English and Cantonese;
· Ability to function autonomously and communicate laterally and upwardly with ease;
· Ability to deal effectively with a broad range of public policy matters;
· Exceptional public policy, government relations, and business judgment;
· Ability to function well in situations involving significant uncertainty and ambiguity; and
· Strong leadership and management abilities.
At least 12 to 15 years of public policy experience in a major corporation and/or lobbying business in Hong Kong is required. Experience working in or with a US or European-based multinational company is preferred, as is experience with high tech policy issues, with strong learning agility. Position is based in Hong Kong, with occasional domestic and international travel required.