A renowned health and wellness equipment company is looking for a Product Design Director to lead the design/innovation team.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing product category innovation roadmap
- Build massage appliance, capturing the global trends (such as product design, materials etc.) and translating products into commercial items in the market to meet or exceed overall financial goals
- Work closely with the top management on creative concept, design direction and key product initiatives
- Collaborate with product development team for the best solution on manufacturing and craftmanship to the products
- Manage product planning in terms of brand positioning, concept & design and solution
- Lead the design process by controlling the workload and structuring the daily activities within design team
- Study new technologies, processes and materials for product development
- Recruit and develop staff to optimise brand performance and maximise talent including ongoing performance reviews and identification of development opportunities
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff, set goals and provide feedback and guidance to increase both individuals and team productivity
- Work in close partnership with the China engineering/production teams to ensure flawless execution
- Degree holder in Industrial Design (having technical knowledge is an advantage)
- Over 15 years of related experience with at least 7 years in a management position for large massage/wellness/home appliance companies
- Strong communication and presentation skills, good knowledge on massage appliance as well as market knowledge
- Smart, presentable with good communication skills, positive and proactive personality & able to work under pressure
- Result-oriented with good analytical skills and able to work cross-team to drive common goals
- Good in English speaking and writing (knowing Mandarin is a plus)
- Hands on experience in computer skills such as PS, CD, CAD, 3 DSMAX, RHINO & PROE
Attractive remuneration package and career advancements opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Interested parties or referrals please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your interests will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.