An international, listed consumer goods company is looking for a Head of Shared Service Centre (SSC), Finance, based in its Hong Kong office, to help develop and manage the shared service teams in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore.
Reporting to the CFO, Asia, this is a hands-on role which you will work with a small team and oversee the accounting and reporting operations in Hong Kong.
You will also transform the current shared service function to a regional accounting & reporting centre by improving processes/workflow, automation and system upgrades.
Working closely with your country finance counterparts and the headquarters in Europe, you will manage multiple work tasks/projects, ensuring the smooth running of the day to day accounting function, and that corporate governance and accounting standards are being adhered to.
The highlights of the role:
- Be accountable to oversee the financial transactional activities, taxation and company secretarial functions
- Work with other business partners to ensure the accounting services are aligned with the business goals and be focused on customer services and deliverables to internal stakeholders
- Provide reports including relevant KPI measures and performance tracking of services
- Proactively identify and drive for growth and improvement opportunities in transactional process, internal controls and corporate governance. Seek opportunities to deliver new activities from the SSC
- Build a culture of continuous improvement that ensures process flows and standard operating procedures are both kept current and reviewed by all staff and stakeholders, and constantly enhanced and improved
- Maintain strong controls ensuring all group policies and statutory requirements are complied with the SSC team. Elevate the relevancy and timeliness of the control environment
- Assist the treasury team to liaise with bankers in local countries
- Liaise with external auditors, tax agents and lawyers etc
- Manage audit process, statutory and tax filings
- Review accounting and internal processes to ensure effective internal controls are in place and to improve work efficiency and cost controls
- Assist in ad-hoc projects such as M&A, loan financing, treasury matters and other duties as assigned by the management
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- HKICPA/ ACCA or equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in sizeable MNCs
- Big 4 and managerial experience is highly preferred
- Proven experience in leading and managing regional SSC, previous involvement with system and process management would be a plus
- Know-how in setting up strategies and implementing regional SSC in different countries – especially managing the journey from a “distributive” to a “centralised and standardised” process environment
- Proven track record of implementing change programmes. Experience in driving and managing changes within a fast-paced, operational environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Working Knowledge of IFRS
- Deep understanding of accounting principles and their applications
- Customer orientation, entrepreneurial thinking and acting
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Attractive remuneration package and career advancements opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Interested parties or referrals please send your CV to email@example.com.
Your interests will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.