A Nasdaq listed US based financial services company is looking for a Head of Government Relations (GR) to lead the GR activities in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea.
Based in Beijing and directly reporting to the Head of Government Relations for Asia Pacific (based in Singapore), you will work closely with business leaders and cross-functional colleagues (Compliance, Legal, Risk, etc.) to provide strategic GR engagements, advocacy and counsel to further the Company’s business priorities in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea.
You will also collaborate with regulatory agencies and bodies, government institutions, industry associations, academia/think tanks, and business partners to shape policy development, enhance the Company’s reputation and thought leadership, and to support the growth of the business. You will combine contagious enthusiasm, rigorous thinking and articulate communication.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead GR activities to mobile payments, financial services, digital platforms, e-commerce and technology innovation;
- Monitor and track legislations and regulatory initiatives impacting the business and develop short- and long-term GR strategies to address legal and regulatory risks, challenges and opportunities;
- Lead GR outreach and relationship management with relevant supervisory authorities in close cooperation with other cross-functional professionals (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Risk);
- Possess existing deep networks with and participate efficiently in relevant government agencies, tertiary institutions as well as industry associations and business chambers;
- Develop and manage contacts with key influencers such government officials, academics and think tanks and industry experts;
- Draft and contribute to briefing documents, public policy and thought leadership papers and other relevant content for distribution and publication (responses to public consultations, reports, etc.);
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external teams on cross-functional projects;
- Some regional travel is required to Taiwan, Korea, China and Singapore as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s or equivalent preferred;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience (with relevant amount of time in Hong Kong) in government relations, public administration or related area of payments, financial services, fintech, e-commerce or digital platforms;
- Solid understanding of government system and political processes, especially in Hong Kong;
- Excellent oral and written communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to articulate and communicate at all levels of the organization;
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with business partners, senior management and internal stakeholders, fostering partnerships quickly across multiple functions;
- Fluent in oral and written English; Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) preferred.
Attractive remuneration package and career advancements opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Interested parties or referrals please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your interests will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.