about 3 years ago
A global business-to-business media and trend forecasting company is looking for an Assistant HR Manager for its Hong Kong office.
Reporting to the Regional HR Director, your role plays a key part to provide proactive and hands on end to end recruitment to a growing regional business across different brands by bringing on board the best talent while supporting the growth of other brands as well as providing a HR generalist support working across other HR disciplines e.g. learning and development and HR reporting management.
- Partnering directly with the business, you will involve managing recruitment activity across the recruitment life cycle to develop attraction plans, direct source and shortlist candidates and build pipeline.
- Key markets to hire is primarily in China as the main market and then Hong Kong, Australia and Singapore.
- Work closely with the central recruitment team in Europe
- Work closely with hiring managers offering advice, support and expertise in all aspects of attracting, recruiting, screening, securing and retaining best of class talent
- Focus on direct sourcing through networking, referrals and head hunting, to reduce cost per hire; acting as a point of contact for external recruitment agencies
- Manage the internal freelance process ensuring they are properly signed off and logged on the global system
- Manage the recruitment assessment tool and make recommendations and analysis to hiring manager; train managers on the assessments
- Drive internal initiatives such as employee referral programme and employment branding
- Coordinate global mobility – internal transfers, short and long term assignments
- Prepare and maintain weekly recruitment progress report regionally and globally; manage all the required recruitment paperwork
- Oversee the daily operations of the corporate team in Shanghai/China and Singapore; working very closely with the Brand HR team in Europe and advising them on local labour law
- Advise/guide line managers on employment issues as needed
- Work with HRD on maintaining the APAC HR governance across the region on all the brands and ensure policies are globally aligned as appropriate
- Support the HRD to shape the culture of the new office in the corporate office in Shanghai
- Project lead on ad hoc regional and global initiatives
- Manage and accurately maintain HR system data, ensuring it is successful evolution and future development and ensure data meets global compliance
- Handle any employee and manager queries relating to the system
- Create standard and bespoke reports from the system and develop as required; Run monthly and bi annual HRMI reports for the global and regional offices
- Become a super user and be responsible for training new managers and employees on HR systems (HR and recruitment)
- Manage and maintain exit interview reporting
- strong China direct sourcing recruitment experience through local means and working with local search firms
- Ideally have a minimum of 5 years of in-house HR and direct recruitment experience
- Advanced Web searching skills particularly with excellent working knowledge with LinkedIn Recruiter
- Proven experience in hiring at all levels (including senior directors and strategic appointments) ideally in sales and marketing roles
- Self-motivated and independent individual who is able to manage own time effectively
- Good attention to detail, excellent organisation skills, able to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Able to handle a high volume workload and manage multiple stakeholders
- Adaptable and resilient, being able to work in changeable and fast paced environment
- Ability to balance workload and work comfortable in a complex matrix environment
- Outgoing personality and able to build relationships quickly
Attractive remuneration package and career advancement opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Interested parties or referrals please send your full resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your interests will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.